So, Oldenburg is partially responsible for my meandering path to art and business. Here's a little synopsis:
- Friends of the Rag (FOR) in Seattle. We were a band of artists who put on really grand, arty productions at museums, bars, country fairs, society galas, even opening of the aquarium---where I was a Sexy Salmon!
- Craft fair where I sold Soft sculpture plants in soft pots
- NEA grant and a moved to NYC.
- Concieved and produced a series of costume performances like Fashion Passion, Fashion Fever, Fashion Accident at St Marks-in-the-Bowery Church.--- Undercover Work at the Avant Garde Festival---She Shops for Bargains on Canal St.
- I was a studio artist at PS 1 (now part of MoMA) way, way,way back in the day when artists were awarded studios there---What a place!
- Worked at the NewMuseum and at MoMA,
- Met a guy (Jim), fell in love (still in love), got married, had a kid (Annie!) moved to Berkeley
- Costumed for Beach Blanket Babylon
- Had another kid (Katie!)
- Started AvantGarb!!!! - in my Berkely CA garage---where else would a little biz like mine start?
For more on Clas Oldenburg go to: https://www.artsy.net/artist/claes-oldenburg